Preparing and Assembling Promotion and Tenure Packets
Please submit promotion and tenure documents electronically in PDF for the annual review according to the following guidelines.
In the Department
- The candidates’ packets are assembled as follows:
- Cover sheet
- Chair’s letter and/or Program Director’s (if applicable) letter
- Departmental P&T Committee’s letter
- Dean of the Regional Campuses’ letter (if applicable)
- Candidate’s dossier (Limit 20 pages formatted as described in Guidelines)
- Sample letter requesting external review
- A summary, limited to a total of two (2) pages, of external reviewers’ CVs
- Letters from external reviewers
- Each candidate’s packet is scanned in PDF and emailed to the dean’s office.
- A hard copy of the cover sheet with original signatures is hand delivered to the dean’s office.
—Candidates shall be responsible for providing additional materials as required by the department and division.
—Hard copies of the candidates’ packets may be required at the department and/or division level.
In the Dean's Office
- The candidates’ PDF files are forwarded electronically to the University Secretary office secretary@MiamiOH.edu.
- The following documents are hand delivered to the University Secretary:*
- The hard copies of the cover sheets with original signatures
- Probationary faculty annual evaluations
*Additional notes on documents to be sent:
—Annual evaluations for probationary faculty should clearly state the YEAR at the top of each document. Put all the candidate’s annual evaluations in a SEALED envelope.
—In the event the dean makes a negative recommendation, that correspondence may be hand delivered or sent electronically to the University Secretary.