Points of Pride
High Academic Standards
- New Miami Graduates Land Where They Planned—More than 97% of Miami University students who graduated August 2013–May 2014 were employed or in graduate school by Fall 2014.
- In the 2015 edition of America's Best Colleges, U.S. News ranks Miami's engineering program 29th in the nation in the category of "Best Undergraduate Engineering Programs where the highest degree is a bachelor's or master's."
- The 2015 edition of the Princeton Review lists Miami's undergraduate Entrepreneurship program among the nation's 25 best.
- In the Fiske Guide to Colleges 2015, Miami ranks among the top 25 public universities for programs in architecture and music.
- In the latest Institute for International Education report on the number of students studying abroad, Miami ranks 2nd among public doctoral institutions nationwide. The latest figures show approximately 40% of Miami students study abroad before they graduate. (2014)
- For the seventh consecutive year, BusinessWeek magazine's ranking of undergraduate business programs includes Miami's Farmer School of Business among the nation's top 25, ranking it 8th among public universities and colleges. (2014)
- Among Miami seniors, the acceptance rate to law school is 94%, compared to a national average of 83%. In recent years, Miami students have been accepted to the nation's top law schools, including Harvard and Columbia. (2014)
- The medical school acceptance rate for Miami students is 62%, compared to 45% nationally. (2014)
- Once again, the latest data on student retention shows that nearly 91% of first-year students return for their sophomore year. (2014)