Points of Pride
- Miami University's four-year graduation rate of 70% ranks 8th among public colleges and universities in the U.S. The national average is just 38% (for publics only, the 4-year rate is 31%). (2013)
- At Miami, 80% of students—including 78.2% multicultural students—graduate in 6 years. (2013)
- Miami's student-athlete graduation success rate (GSR), including students who enroll or transfer to Miami and graduate within 6 years, is 85%, 4% higher than the national rate. Miami's student athlete average g.p.a. for Spring 2014 was 3.30, the highest GPA ever for Miami Athletics for a single semester.
- Among Ohio public universities, Miami graduates the highest percentage and the 2nd highest number of undergraduate students in the "hard sciences" (biological sciences, physical sciences, and mathematics). (2013)
- Bringing global knowledge back to Ohio, 38% of Miami's Oxford students study abroad, placing Miami 3rd among public universities nationwide. In addition to Miami’s Luxembourg campus, Miami students study abroad in almost 70 countries. (2013)
- Miami offers several unique public service immersion opportunities at the local, state and federal levels through its Urban Teaching Cohort, Center for Community Engagement in Cincinnati's Over-the-Rhine neighborhood, Government Relations Network, and the Center for Public Management and Regional Affairs. Other immersion opportunities include Wilks and Lockheed Martin Leadership Institutes, AIMS Interactive Media Studies program in Silicon Valley, Inside Washington Program, and Inside Hollywood Program. (2013)
- In 2012–13, 207 employers conducted 5,070 interviews with 1,817 students. Miami's fall 2013 career fair drew a record 270 employers. Nearly twice as many employers recruit at Miami as compared with other universities our size, according to national statistics.
- The 2013 Peace Corps Top Colleges list ranked Miami 11th among medium-sized schools in the U.S., with 876 of our alumni having served as Peace Corps volunteers since 1961. Currently 28 alumni are Peace Corps volunteers.
- The university provided employment opportunities for more than 6,000 students during 2013, including graduate assistants and students in experiential work/learn opportunities.
- Among Miami seniors, 63% are accepted into medical school, compared to 46% nationally. (2013)
- Among Miami seniors, the acceptance rate to law school is 95%, compared to 84% nationally. (2013)