Where to Park
Visitors to campus are encouraged to park in the Campus Avenue Garage or the North Campus Garage. No permit is needed.
- A permit is required at all times to park in a University parking lot except as noted in these regulations. From 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. Monday through Friday, a permit is required to park on Spring, Oak and Maple Streets. A permit is not required to park on Spring, Oak, and Maple Streets at other times.
- A permit is not required to park on campus between noon Friday and 10pm Sunday on weekends of home football games.
- A permit is not required in the parking garages at any time.
Permits and Citations
- Visitors must obtain a permit at the Parking Office during business hours. Registration requires a valid driver's license and license plate number of the vehicle to be registered. This permit allows the visitor to park in any University parking area.
- Visitors who received a University parking citation may contact the Parking Office for assistance.
- Parents and community members may ride the BCRTA (Butler County Regional Transit Authority) buses for the customary fare of $2 per ride.
- The Campus Avenue Parking Garage and the North Campus Garage offer parking at $1 for the first hour and $0.50 for each additional hour. No permit is needed.
- Campus parking meters require $.25/15 minutes between 7 a.m. and 10 p.m. Monday through Friday.
- Parents may park in any campus lot without a permit.
- Limited RV parking with electrical hookup is available in the West Millett lot. Advance reservations are needed. The fee is $50 for a football weekend. Call 513-529-1700 for information and reservations.
Spring Commencement Weekend
- A permit is not required Thursday through Sunday of Commencement weekend; all university parking lots and parking garages are open to the public.
- Yager Stadium parking is available at the Millett Assembly Hall, Ditmer, Cook Field, and Leonard Howell lots.
- On both Saturday and Sunday, we strongly recommend that you use our Miami Metro shuttle service from the Ditmer and Cook Field lots to avoid traffic congestion.