Programs with Special Admission Requirements

Some programs have special requirements that call for careful planning. For example, you must be admitted to most majors in the School of Creative Arts or the Department of Nursing (Hamilton & Middletown campuses only) before you declare the major. Also, teacher licensure programs and science and technical major programs require specific courses that are usually taken in order.

It is important to check your major's requirements. Programs are listed in each division's chapter.

At present, majors with limited or restricted entry include media and culture, professional writing, nursing, social work, special education, speech communication, speech pathology and audiology, all licensure programs in the Department of Teacher Education, strategic communication, and all programs in the Farmer School of Business and most majors in the School of Creative Arts.

Back to top