Transient Status

If you are pursuing a graduate degree at another institution and intend to complete your program there, you can apply for admission with “transient status.” Transient status is valid for one semester only, but may be renewed with reapplication.

To apply for admission: (1) obtain a transient status application from the Graduate School, and (2) complete your part, then forward the entire form to the dean of your graduate school with a request for the dean to complete it and send it directly to the Graduate School of Miami University.

After you are admitted with transient status, you can enroll in courses if you have fulfilled departmental and divisional requirements for the program and prerequisites for the courses. Admission does not make you a candidate for a graduate degree.

Back to top