The Global Studies Scholars program provides the opportunity for high-achieving students interested in contemporary global issues to gain a greater understanding of world affairs. This program provides a greater depth to students seeking to prepare for careers in public, private, and non-governmental sectors related to international concerns. Scholars will receive the following benefits:
- "Backstage Passes" for interaction with guest speakers, including academics, writers, politicians, and activists whose work enhances the understanding of global and regional issues
- Opportunity to enroll in a Scholars-only first-year seminar that will provide instruction in resume-building, interviewing, and professional networking
- Guaranteed alumni mentoring and professional development from Miami alumni who work in international relations, including the Foreign Service, foreign affairs, and international business
- Guaranteed placement for mentored research training in the area of Global Studies
- Guaranteed placement in Global Connections Living Learning Community, where American and International students are housed in the same residence hall to encourage cross-cultural exchange. Scholars who indicate this community as their first choice for campus housing are guaranteed placement
- Individualized Global Internship Advising from Global Studies faculty to help identify and secure international internships in connect with study abroad opportunities
To be considered for the Global Studies Scholars program, you must select any major in the College of Arts and Science with an academic/professional area of interest on the Common Application of "International Relations".
For more information, contact Carl Dahlman.