High School Curriculum
To be considered for admission, you must have earned a state-accredited high school diploma or a General Equivalency Diploma (GED), or acquired credentials that demonstrate levels of academic achievement equivalent to that of graduates of state accredited high schools.
High School (State-Accredited) Diploma or GED
Applicants are expected to have completed the curriculum below. Although most students admitted to Miami University have gone above and beyond these standards, you will not be denied admission to Miami if you are otherwise qualified. Instead, you will be required to complete the following standards once you enroll:
- English: 4 units
- Math: 3 units, at least to the Algebra II level
- Natural science: 3 units, including both a physical and biological science
- Social science: 3 units, including one unit of history
- Foreign language: 2 units, both in the same language
- Fine arts: 1 unit, including art, drama, dance, or music, either appreciation or performance
Alternatively educated students who have not graduated from a state-chartered or accredited high school or do not have a GED are welcome to apply and should submit credentials that demonstrate equivalent levels of academic achievement, ability, and performance. For detailed information, see Home School Curriculum.