Steps to Finalize the Financial Aid Offer
To finalize your financial aid offer, follow the steps below:
- Enroll full-time to receive full-time aid.
Note: Notify our office via BannerWeb* (on the "Resources/Additional Information" tab) or in writing if you are not attending full-time.
- Accept offered aid and/or decline any unwanted aid via BannerWeb* (on the "Accept Award Offer" tab).
- Report via BannerWeb* (on the "Resources/Additional Information" tab) any additional non-Miami scholarships and other aid you are receiving that is not reported on your award notice.
- Check BannerWeb* to ensure that all requirements have been completed.
- If you are selected for verification, return all requested verification documents listed as outstanding in BannerWeb*. Read more about the federal verification process below.
- Pay semester bill by due date to the Office of the Bursar. To avoid a late charge or cancellation of classes, you must respond to the Bursar statement by listing any funds that you anticipate receiving, or pay the bill in full by the due date. The due date is available at MiamiOH.edu/bursar.
* Once an accepted student confirms to attend Miami, the student receives access to BannerWeb through his/her myMiami account.
First-year students, first-time borrowers, or new transfer students to Miami who are receiving Federal Direct Loans must sign the Master Promissory Note (MPN) and complete the required Entrance Counseling. For more information, see Loans.
Changes to Financial Aid Awards
Students must notify the Office of Student Financial Assistance of any other aid they will receive, including fee waivers, assistantships, tuition assistance, and scholarships from other sources. Notification may be sent to us via BannerWeb on the "Resources/Additional Information" tab.
If a student receives a fee waiver, the financial aid award will be revised after we receive official confirmation of the fee waiver from the Office of the Bursar. If a student receives athletic grant assistance, the financial aid award will be finalized after we receive confirmation from the Department of Intercollegiate Athletics.
Students may be asked to provide additional documentation as part of a federally mandated verification process. Students selected for verification will not receive their aid until the verification process is complete. Read more about the federal verification process and acceptable IRS documentation.
If a student's financial aid changes, the student will receive an email notification that awards were revised. Every effort will be made to adjust a student's aid prior to the disbursement of funds. In some cases, our office may have to return federal or state funds a student receives that exceed financial need. This could result in the student owing a balance to the Office of the Bursar. The Office of Student Financial Assistance reserves the right to review and revise a financial aid award due to the following circumstances:
A student may request a review of aid eligibility if the family's financial situation changed since filing the FAFSA. To see if your circumstances qualify for review, please contact the Office of Student Financial Assistance to speak with a counselor.