Policies for the Ohio Resident and Ohio Leader Scholarships
Students admitted prior to fall 2008, who were enrolled at the Oxford or Luxembourg campuses and received the Ohio Resident and Ohio Leader Scholarships will continue to be eligible for these scholarships.
- The ORS and OLS are awarded only to Ohio residents who are enrolled in an undergraduate program in the Oxford and Luxembourg campuses. The Ohio Resident Scholarship is guaranteed to equal or exceed the state-funded appropriation per student. The Ohio Leader Scholarship will vary according to financial need.
- Students cannot receive a combination of aid, including loans and all Miami scholarships, which exceed their cost of attendance. If the total amount of financial aid exceeds the cost of attendance, the amount of aid may be lowered so that the total aid no longer exceeds the cost of attendance.
- The ORS and OLS can only be used for study abroad programs sponsored by Miami University.
- The ORS and OLS are renewable until graduation, up to six years.
- Students who do not have full-time enrollments will have the amounts of their ORS and OLS prorated.
- The grade point average required for renewal of the ORS and OLS is the grade point average that is required by Miami University for continued enrollment. For more information refer to Part 1: Undergraduate Academic Regulations, Chapter 3. Grades and Scholarship of The Student Handbook (PDF).