Special Admission Requirements
All students wishing to study theatre must apply to Miami, submit an application to the Department of Theatre, and complete an admission audition/interview.
Complete the Department of Theatre application
This is a supplemental form to your Miami application. On this form you will be asked to tell us about your work in theatre and your interests. You may complete this form either before or after you complete your Miami University application.
Department of Theatre Application Form for High School Students
Department of Theatre Application Form for Transfer Students
Complete an audition/interview
The audition/interview can be scheduled after applying to the department and there are several options for scheduling:
- Attend an Interview Day: We encourage you to visit campus for an interview on one of the following dates.
- Saturday, November 23, 2013
- Saturday, December 14, 2013
- Saturday, January 4, 2014
- Saturday, January 18, 2014
- Attend Theatre Day: An audition/interview can be scheduled during Theatre Day on Friday, February 28, 2014. You will have an opportunity to explore the department; meet the faculty, staff, and students; see our facilities; attend workshops and classes; and see a performance!
- Schedule an individual interview/tour: Contact us to arrange an individual tour of the theatre department. Drop in on classes, meet some of our current students one-on-one, and complete your audition.
- Send us your interview materials: Don’t let distance or other circumstances discourage you from becoming a theatre major at Miami. If you can’t make it to Oxford, send us examples of your creative work. Please only send photocopies or photos of original artwork. Video portfolios and/or taped monologue are also acceptable.
At your audition/interview, we want you to present two different examples of creative work you have done, whether in theatre or other related disciplines. Learn more about the interview and find suggestions for choosing what types of work to present.
For additional information, please contact the department at 513-529-3053 or theatre@MiamiOH.edu.