The University Academic Scholars Program is designed to enable our best and brightest students to engage more deeply in their specific fields of interest by awarding unparalleled access to Miami’s most renowned programs, distinguished faculty mentors, cutting-edge research and internship experiences, and personal connection with key university officials and guests.
Each of the 14 distinct Scholars programs offers an array of academic and co-curricular opportunities guaranteed only to these select students. While Scholars are encouraged to take full advantage of the many experiences designed to enhance their time at Miami, students can determine their level of involvement in the University Academic Scholars Program.
Community advantages include the following:
- $1,000 – $2,000 annual scholarship in addition to other merit awards for which students qualify.
- A community whose members are seen as the academic leaders on campus.
- Invitation-only receptions with Miami University key officials.
- Immediate, meaningful relationships with leading faculty before students even arrive on campus.
- Specialized academic advising to chart college paths and foster networking connections in academic fields of study.
- Guaranteed placement in some of Miami’s most competitive experiential learning opportunities.
- Access to University Honors Program courses.
- Guaranteed placement in an Honors Living-Learning Community.
- Opportunities for engaging internships and full-immersion preceptorships with Miami alumni.
- Seminars with other Scholars to sharpen the professional skills that employers demand.
- Designated study room and special borrowing privileges with University Libraries.
- Guaranteed nomination to Omicron Delta Kappa.
- Exclusive UASP community-wide events.
- Unique opportunities to engage with distinguished guest speakers and lecturers.
- Designation as a fellow in the Harry T. Wilks Leadership Institute, a program committed to developing leaders for a changing world.
Students who complete all application requirements for admission in the identified areas of study by Dec. 1 receive priority consideration for the UASP. Scholars are selected from among Miami University’s most outstanding applicants to be a part of this premier program.
The Stamps Scholars Program
Up to ten students selected for the University Academic Scholars Program will have the opportunity to become part of the Stamps Scholars Program at Miami University. In addition to a full tuition, fee, room and board scholarship, Stamps Scholars will have access to up to $10,000 in enrichment funds that will support academic pursuits such as study abroad or research opportunities, and the ability to participate in national conferences with other Stamps Scholars from around the country.
Learn more by visiting stampsfoundation.org.