These tips can help to ensure your safety:
- Register with the Miami Emergency Text Messaging System to receive emergency text notification in situations on campus that pose immediate danger.
- Use the free Nighttime Door-to-Door campus escort services:
- Use the free Miami Metro (operates until 1 a.m. Sun-Th and until 3 a.m. F-Sat).
You can also take advantage of the following resources promoting safety and awareness:
- Miami Police provides presentations to small groups on a variety of safety topics and engraves and videotapes personal property. Call 529-2222.
- Miami Police provides a variety of crime prevention tips (www.units.muohio.edu/psf/police/General_Information/CrimePrevention.shtml), ranging from traveling alone to facts concerning Rohypnol.
- Miami Police offers a 12-hour Rape Aggression Defense (RAD) training to women. Cost is $30, which includes the RAD manual, certificates, and supplies. Call 529-2222.
- Men Against Rape and Sexual Assault (MARS) addresses rape as a men’s issue. Male students meet in small, all-men’s groups to discuss how men can make a difference. Call John Ward, Student Counseling Service, at 529-4634 for information on scheduling a session or joining the group.