Your career evolves based on the kind of relationships that you build and develop from one organization to the other.
- Mark Cannon (Miami, 1986), Chief of Staff, Association of Public Safety Communications Officials International
Look Beyond Outside Forces
If you love what it is that you're doing, you're going to do a good job and make good money.
- Aziza Nicholson (Miami, 2001), owner of A II Z Naturals LTD
Don't Forget What You Learn Here
Miami is a magic institution and anything that you get out of Miami is going to help you in the future.
- Terence Moore (Miami, 1978), national sports journalist
Gain Communication Skills
The communication skillset is something we look for a lot in our recruits.
- David Groff (Miami, 1991), pricing analytics department head
Don't Be in a Rush
Don't be in too much of a rush, explore lots of different things, and jump in feet first.
- Sara Eilert (MA, Miami, 2006), senior acquisitions editor
Good Work Gets Noticed
Somebody will help the good work rise to the surface.
It will get noticed.
- Wil Haygood (Miami, 1976), journalist and author
'Lean Into' the Miami Brand
Try to find your passion, try to understand your purpose, and
try to get a sense of where you have potential to do great things.
- Damon A. Williams (Miami, 1994), Senior Vice President for Programs, Training, and Youth Development for the Boys and Girls Clubs of America
Upham Hall photo
Academic Advising in the College of Arts and Science, Miami University, Oxford, OH, helps students make decisions about majors, minors, and thematic sequences; monitors student academic progress; and provides assistance with course planning.