Support Miami Microbiology
As one of the best Microbiology departments in the nation, we offer a modern curriculum, and our graduates are overwhelmingly successful in the profession. We effectively teach a broad range of courses in Microbiology including offerings for majors and non-majors, upper level classes, honors, and graduate courses. Our faculty members are recognized as fine teachers and excellent scholars by multiple measures. In addition, we take great pride in our commitment to mentoring both undergraduates and graduate student research and internships.
It is only through the wonderful generosity of donors to the Microbiology Department that this is at all possible. Please take a few minutes and consider how valuable a resource this is to our students and help us continue these efforts with a gift.
There are several ways you can help us.
These gifts allow the Department of Microbiology to apply your gift to the area of greatest need.
- Internships or summer research fellowships to free students to explore educational and research ideas in Microbiology
- Grants to offset the costs of establishing and executing research projects in Microbiology
- Grants to support the participation of our students in regional, national and international professional meetings, especially for those who have completed research projects and are eager to present their findings
- Scholarships to recruit the very best students to attend Miami and to reward excellence at Miami
- Gifts to specific funds, including:
- The Donald C. Cox fund to promote graduate student travel to and presentation at scientific meetings
- The Susan W. Rockwood fund to promote excellence in teaching and research by women in graduate study
- The Orton K. Stark fund to recognize academic achievement in Microbiology by undergraduate and graduate students
Modern research in Microbiology requires major instrumentation for laboratory and field work. We need to be vigilant in maintaining and expanding the state-of-the-art equipment that is required for undergraduates and graduate students to complete the high-quality research that is expected of Miami students.
Please contact Evan Lichtenstein at the Miami University Division of University Advancement at (513) 529-1263 to find out how you can provide support for these areas.
Other Ways to Support Miami Microbiology
If you work in Microbiology, please consider:
- coming to Miami and giving a guest lecture or workshop
- providing internship experiences for Microbiology majors
How To Make Your Gift
Please make your check payable to the Miami University Foundation, designate Department of Microbiology on the memo line, and send to:Department of Microbiology
c/o Miami University
725 E. Chestnut Street
Oxford, OH 45056
To give online:
Visit Miami's secure, encrypted online giving form and then:
- Under Gift Amount, enter the dollar amount of your contribution in the box.
- Under Designations, enter the dollar amount of your contribution in the Other Fund-Amount box.
- Type in Department of Microbiology in the Comments or additional gift details (academic area, class scholarship, etc.) box.
Donors may transfer donate assets such as stocks, bonds, mutual fund shares, or real estate as gift commitments. The benefits of transferring appreciated assets may include tax deductions and the avoidance of capital gains tax. Please contact Evan Lichtenstein in the Miami University Division of University Advancement at (513) 529-1263 for further information.
Estate or Deferred Gifts
An estate or deferred gift to the Miami University Foundation designated for the Department of Microbiology, can allow you or your advisors to incorporate future support for Miami University into your individual financial planning strategies. Please contact Evan Lichtenstein in the Miami University Division of University Advancement at (513) 529-1263 for further information.