two students working in studio and art supplies

2016/17 Academic Year Student Achievement Data for Interior Design

Job Placement Rates. Prior to May 2017 graduation, 43% had secured full-time, professional employment in a field related to interior design and architecture.

  • Some of the employing firms include Gary Lee Partners (Chicago), Gensler (New York), Design Group (Columbus), Jim Hubbel Studios (Santa Ysabel, CA), SHP Leading Design (Cincinnati), Strada (Pittsburgh), and Tobin Partners (NYC)

Acceptance into Graduate Programs. 100% of students from the May 2017 graduating class who applied to graduate school were accepted.

Retention/Attrition.

  • Fourth-Year ID Class: 100% of the students in the 2016/17 Fourth-Year ID Class continued from the previous third year (100% retention/0% attrition rate).
  • Third-Year ID Class: 100% of the students in the 2016/17 Third-Year ID Class continued from the previous second year (100% retention/0% attrition rate).
  • Second-Year ID Class 100% of the students in the 2016/17 Second-Year ID Class continued from the previous first year (100% retention/0% attrition rate).

Graduation Rates. 95% of the 2016/17 Fourth-Year Interior Design class was awarded a BFA in interior design in May. The remaining 5% are slated to graduate in August 2017. Other related statistics for the 2016/17 Fourth-Year ID class:

  • 86% of the graduates earned their degree within 4 years of declaring the Interior Design major
  • 14% of the graduates earned their degree within 5 years of declaring the Interior Design major
  • 76% of students that began the interior design program in their first semester at Miami graduated in 4 years