Bioinformatics is an interdisciplinary field combining computer science, mathematics, and engineering to study biological data. The focus is on developing methods for storing, retrieving, organizing and analyzing biological data.
- Master of Science in Computational Science and Engineering
- Combined Bachelor's degree in a variety of fields and Master of Science in Computational Science and Engineering
- Bioinformatic tool development
- Biological database development
- Analysis and mining of large-scale biological databases
- DNA-level sequence analysis
- Molecular evolution
Faculty and Research Areas
- Dr. John Karro: Tool development, sequence analysis, molecular evolution
- Dr. Chun Liang: Tool development, database development, data analysis and data mining
- Dr. Iddo Friedberg: Protein function prediction, metagenomics, structural bioinformatics, molecular evolution, biological databases
For More Information
Please contact Dr. John Karro, karroje (at) MiamiOH.edu, for more information.