Students cheer on the Redhawks during a sporting event at Miami University.

Graduation and Licensure

In the senior year students will take two Ohio Assessments for Educators, specifically Test # 004 Assessment of Professional Knowledge: Multi-Age (PK–12) and Test # 043 Special Education. A copy of these test scores must be sent to Miami University.

Link to the OAE website:

Praxis content area tests may be recommended to achieve Highly Qualified Teacher status, as Ohio state policy dictates. 

Teacher/Professional Licensure Information

The Ohio Department of Education is transitioning to electronic applications, beginning January 2014. You will need to wait until all requirements have been met before submitting the application. For most students, this means that applications should not be submitted before a student has graduated from Miami University. Applications submitted before all requirements are met will be returned.

For the online application, please visit the Ohio Department of Education website at

Access or create your SAFE account to get started on the easy online application process through My Educator Profile. Once you have a SAFE account you will be able to access My Educator Profile from the ODE CORE link on your SAFE account menu.

For on-line application assistance you may contact:
(P) 614-466-3593
(P) 877-644-6338 (toll free) 

Apply for graduation:
Information is available from the Registrar’s Office, 112 Campus Ave Building, 529‐8724 or

Application dates are noted on your degree audit report (DARS).
When applying for graduation, choose the date (May/Aug/Dec) in which you are completing all degree requirements.
Office of Career Services:
Information available from Career Services, 200 Hoyt Hall, 529‐3831 or 


For information on obtaining transcripts, you may visit Miami’s registrar’s web site at:

Print DAR (Degree Audit Report):
At the end of your final semester before graduation, print a copy of your DAR.
Once you graduate your DAR will no longer be available.
The DAR provides your major hours, major gpa, etc. which you may need for job applications. Graduates are able to order official transcripts through the registrar’s office. See Transcripts at