Teacher Education Access at Miami (TEAM) Scholarship
[for licensed professional educators]
Provides professional educators a 50% tuition and fee reduction for graduate credit
This 50% reduction applies to the instructional fee, general fee, technology fee, and Miami Metro fee.
In recognition of the important contribution that Ohio's PreK-12 educators provide to the citizens of our state, Miami University is offering a scholarship that significantly lowers the cost of professional development and/or earning a graduate degree. The Teacher Education Access at Miami (TEAM) scholarship is an example of Miami's commitment to partnering with Ohio's PreK-12 educators.
Any educator who meets the following requirements will be eligible for the 50% scholarship:
- Educator is a full time teacher or administrator in an Ohio school district or school (including substitute teachers with full-year contracts) AND
- Educator holds a provisional (resident educator) or professional teaching license or holds a standard teaching certificate issued by the State of Ohio AND
- Educator is a resident of the State of Ohio AND
- Degree(s) or course(s) or continuing education workshop(s) is/are part of the educator's approved professional development plan.
If you would like to take graduate-level courses, but do not intend to pursue a graduate degree, you can apply for admission with "continuing non-degree graduate status." After you are admitted, you can earn an unlimited number of graduate hours within an indefinite period of time.
The TEAM Scholarship is not applicable to the following programs:
- Graduate Certificate in Analytics
- Professional MBA Program
- Educational Psychology International Cooperative Program (EPIC)
- Low Residency MFA in Creative Writing
- Project Dragonfly - MAT in Biological Sciences and MA in Biology (AIP, GFP tracks)
- The Ohio Writing Project, which has a reduced rate beginning May 2016, will no longer be eligible for the TEAM Scholarship
- Apply to the Graduate School. Admission is required, even if you are enrolling for workshop credits. You will receive a Miami Banner ID number, which is needed for the TEAM Scholarship application.
- Once you have a Banner ID number, complete the TEAM Scholarship Application.
- Approved applications are good for one year (fall through summer).
- Attached to each application, you must provide a copy of your Ohio teaching license or certificate and a copy of your teaching contract for the year you are applying for TEAM.
- You can fax or mail the application to the address on the bottom of the form.
- If you have questions, please call 513-529-8734 from 8 a.m.–4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday.
Applications must be received 5 days prior to first day of enrollment.