Teacher Education Access at Miami (TEAM) Scholarship
[for licensed professional educators]
Provides professional educators a 50% tuition and fee reduction for graduate credit
This 50% reduction applies to the instructional fee, general fee, technology fee, and Miami Metro fee.
In recognition of the important contribution that Ohio's PreK-12 educators provide to the citizens of our state, Miami University is offering a scholarship that significantly lowers the cost of professional development and/or earning a graduate degree. The Teacher Education Access at Miami (TEAM) scholarship is an example of Miami's commitment to partnering with Ohio's PreK-12 educators.
Any educator who meets the following requirements will be eligible for the 50% scholarship:
- Educator is a full time teacher or administrator in an Ohio school district or school (including substitute teachers with full-year contracts) AND
- Educator holds a provisional (resident educator) or professional teaching license or holds a standard teaching certificate issued by the State of Ohio AND
- Educator is a resident of the State of Ohio AND
- Degree(s) or course(s) or continuing education workshop(s) is/are part of the educator's approved professional development plan.
If you would like to take graduate-level courses, but do not intend to pursue a graduate degree, you can apply for admission with "continuing non-degree graduate status." After you are admitted, you can earn an unlimited number of graduate hours within an indefinite period of time.
- Apply to the Graduate School. Admission is required, even if you are enrolling for workshop credits. You will receive a Miami Banner ID number, which is needed for the TEAM Scholarship application.
- Once you have a Banner ID number, complete the TEAM Scholarship Application.
- Approved applications are good for one year (fall through summer).
- Attached to each application, you must provide a copy of your Ohio teaching license or certificate and a copy of your teaching contract for the year you are applying for TEAM.
- You can fax or mail the application to the address on the bottom of the form.
- If you have questions, please call 513-529-8734 from 8 a.m.–4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday.
Applications must be received 5 days prior to first day of enrollment.