Dinesh & Ila Paliwal Innovation Chair & Associate Professor & FSB Faculty Fellow
Information Systems & Analytics
- Campus: Oxford
- Office: 3024
- Phone: 513.529.7162
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- TR 1:15-2:45
* Accessible version of PDF available upon request.
- Ph.D. University of Waterloo, Computer Science, 2014
- M.Math. University of Waterloo, Computer Science, 2010
- B.Sc. Federal University of Pernambuco, Computer Science, 2008
Academic & Professional Experience
- Dinesh & IIa Paliwal Innovation Chair, Miami University (2018-present)
- Associate Professor, Miami University (2022-present)
- Assistant Professor, Miami University (2016-2022)
- Assistant Professor, Erasmus University (2014-2016)
- Research and Teaching Assistant, University of Waterloo (2009-2014)
- Data Analytics, Neurotech (2008)
- Software Engineer, Cemicro Informatica (2006)
- Grgic, D., Podobnik, V., and Carvalho, A. Deriving and Validating Emotional Dimensions from Textual Data, Expert Systems with Applications, vol. 198, 2022.
- Babic, J., Carvalho, A., Ketter, W., and Podobnik, V. A Data-Driven Approach to Managing Electric Vehicle Charging Infrastructure in Parking Lots, Transportation Research Part D: Transport and Environment, vol. 105, 2022.
- Carvalho, A. and Karimi, M. Aligning the Interests of Newsvendors and Forecasters through Blockchain-Based Smart Contracts and Proper Scoring Rules, Decision Support Systems, vol. 151, 2021.
- Carvalho, A. Bringing Transparency and Trustworthiness to Loot Boxes with Blockchain and Smart Contracts, Decision Support Systems, vol. 144, 2021.
Honors & Awards
- Prodesse Quam Conspici Award
- Creativity & Innovation Award
- FSB Faculty Research Fellow
- James Robeson Junior Faculty Research Excellence Award
- Student Recognition of Teaching Excellence Award
- Richard K. Smucker Teaching Excellence Award
Dr. Arthur Carvalho is the Dinesh & Ila Paliwal Innovation Chair and an Associate Professor of Information Systems and Analytics at Farmer School of Business, Miami University. His academic and professional work is mostly related to the development and deployment of AI techniques, statistical methods, and blockchain-based systems aiming at improving business processes and decision-making.
- ISA 414/514 A 11:40-1 TR FSB 2050
- ISA 514 C WEB