Information Systems & Analytics
- Campus: Oxford
- Office: 2015
- Phone: 513.529.4217
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- TR 1:50-2:50
- Curriculum Vita[PDF]*
* Accessible version of PDF available upon request.
- Ph.D., University of Minnesota Twin Cities, Statistics 2013
- M.S., University of British Columbia, Mathematics 2010
- B.S., Wuhan University, Mathematics 2008
Academic & Professional Experience
- 07/2022-Present Assistant Professor, Department of Information Systems & Analytics, Farmer School of Business, Miami University
- 07/2017-06/2022 Assistant Professor, Program of Business Analytics, Department of Mathematical Sciences, Bentley University
- 09/2013-08/2014 Postdoc, Department of Biostatistics, College of Public Health and Health Professions, University of Florida.
- 08/2014-06/2017 Statistician, Model Risk and Development, JPMorgan Chase & Co., New York, NY.
- He, Y., Kang, Y., Tsung, F., and Xiang, D. (2023). Directional Fault Classification for Correlated High-Dimensional Data Streams Using Hidden Markov Models, Journal of Quality Technology, accepted.
- Liu, Z., Kang, Y., Lin, S., and Tuo, L. (2023). The Impact of Accelerating 20-F Filing, Journal of Accounting and Public Policy, 42(3), 107050.
- Kang, Y. (2023). Statistical Process Monitoring Approaches for Image Data. In Wiley StatsRef: Statistics Reference Online (eds N. Balakrishnan, T. Colton, B. Everitt, W. Piegorsch, F. Ruggeri and J.L. Teugels). https://doi.org/10.1002/9781118445112.stat08263
- Kang, Y. (2022). Statistical Quality Control Using Image Intelligence: A Sparse Learning Approach. Naval Research Logistics, 69(7), 996 - 1008.
- Kang, Y., Liao, S., Jiang, C. and D'Alsonso, T. (2022). Synthetic Control Methods for Policy Analysis: Evaluating the Effect of the European Emission Trading System on Aviation Supply. Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice. 162, 236 - 252 (The Air Transport Research Society Best Paper Award).
- Xiang, D., Li, W., Tsung, F., Pu, X., and Kang, Y. (2021). Fault Classification for High- dimensional Data Streams: A Directional Diagnostic Framework Based on Multiple Hypothesis Testing, Naval Research Logistics, 68(7), 973 - 987.
- Kang, Y., Shi, Y., Jiao, Y., Li, W., and Xiang, D. (2021). Fitting Jump Additive Models, Computational Statistics and Data Analysis, 4, 107266.
- Shi, Y., Huang, J., Jiao Y., Kang, Y., and Zhang, H. (2021). Generalized Newton-Raphson Algorithm for High Dimensional LASSO Regression, Statistics and Its Interface, 14(3), 339 - 350.
- Kang, Y., and Qiu, P. (2021). Nonparametric Deconvolution by Fourier Transformation and Other Related Approaches, Chapman & Hall/CRC series Handbooks of Modern Statistical Methods: Handbook of Measurement Error Models. Editors: Grace Y. Yi, Aurore Delaigle, Paul Gustafson.
- Kang, Y. (2020). Consistent Blind Image Deblurring Using Jump-Preserving Extrapolation, Journal of Computational and Graphical Statistics, 29(2), 372 - 382.
- Kang, Y. (2020). Measuring Timeliness of Annual Reports Filing Using Jump Additive Models. The Annals of Applied Statistics, 14(4), 1604-1621.
- Technometrics Prize Committee: 2021 - 2024.
Yicheng Kang does research in applied statistics and business analytics. Before joining the Farmer School of Business at Miami University, he was an assistant professor at Bentley University and taught extensively in their Business Analytics program. Prior to returning to academia, Yicheng was a statistician at JPMorgan and worked on models for interest rates and securitized products.
- ISA 491 A 2:50-4:10 TR FSB 2050
- ISA 491 B 4:25-5:45 TR FSB 2050