First-Year Integrated Core
- Campus: Oxford
- Office: 3070
- Phone: 513.529.2978
- Email: email@example.com
- Monday/Wednesday 10:00-12:00pm
- Tuesday/Thursday 10:00-11:00am by appointment
- Other hours by appointment
- Curriculum Vita[PDF]*
* Accessible version of PDF available upon request.
- A.B.D. in Global Leadership - Indiana Institute of Technology
- M.A. in English (Rhetoric and Composition) - Northern Kentucky University
- B.A. in ESL/EFL Education (T.E.S.O.L.) - Johnson University
Academic & Professional Experience
- Visiting Instructor | First Year Integrated Core | Farmer School of Business | Miami University | August 2020 - Present
- Visiting Instructor | Department of Humanities and Creative Arts | Miami University| July 2016 - May 2020
- Visiting Instructor | English and Communications | University of Cincinnati | May 2015 - August 2020
- Visiting Instructor | English and Composition | Cincinnati State Technical and Community College | December 2013 - April 2019
- Visiting Instructor | English and Humanities | Cincinnati Christian University | May 2015 - August 2018
- Visiting Instructor | English and Humanities | Indiana Institute of Technology | August 2013 - May 2015
Jonathan (Jon) Maxey is a Visiting Instructor (Business 102). Jon Maxey joined Miami University in 2016, and recently (in 2020) he joined the First Year Integrated Core (FYIC). He brings over 17 years of collective educational, government, and professional experience to the Farmer School of Business.
For the first 5 years of his career, he worked for the Department of Treasury in several roles that included data analysis, managing, and creating training programs. He also served in an advisory capacity to the, then, commissioner of the Internal Revenue Service, in regards to the data management systems and IRMs the two core data groups were using.
Jon Maxey then moved on to Marriott Business Services, the accounting group for Marriott Hotels, where he worked along side General Managers, accountants, contractors, and customer service agents. During his ESL/EFL degree, he taught abroad in Dalian, China at Surrey International University and Dong Bei University of Finance and Economics (D.U.F.E.), while studying Mandarin at D.U.F.E.
Upon finishing his M.A. in English (Composition/Rhetoric), he has taught for the last 7 years at Indiana Institute of Technology, Cincinnati State Technical and Community College, the University of Cincinnati, CCU, and Miami University. He has taught in online, in-person, and hybrid courses related to English/Composition, Business communication, technical writing, film and literature, and Creative Writing. Jon has served on a variety of academic and institutional panels and committees regarding curriculum development, globalization, creative writing, technical writing, and business communication.
His present research focuses on International Academic Leadership, Servant Leadership, Transformational Leadership, and Globalization.
- BUS102 IB 8:10-9:05AM MW - FSB0003
- BUS102 MA 12:50-1:45PM MW - FSB1023
- BUS102 MB 3:10-4:05PM MW - PSYC131