Information Systems & Analytics
- Campus: Oxford
- Office: 2011
- Phone: 513.529.9029
- Email: email@example.com
- MW 12-2
- Curriculum Vita[PDF]*
* Accessible version of PDF available upon request.
- Ph.D. University of Iowa, Industrial Engineering (focus area - Operations Research), 2014
- M.S. & B.S. University of Iowa, Mechanical Engineering, 2009
Academic & Professional Experience
- Assistant Professor, Department of Information Systems & Analytics at Miami University, August 2019 - present.
- Research Assistant Professor, Department of Industrial & Systems Engineering at the University of Florida, April 2017 - August 2019.
- Postdoctoral Research Associate with the National Research Council, January 2015 - January 2017.
- Postdoctoral Associate, Department of Industrial & Systems Engineering at the University of Florida, September 2014 - January 2015.
- Courtesy Scholar, Department of Mechanical & Aerospace Engineering at the University of Florida, December 2016 - present.
- Semenov, A., Pandey, G., Rysz, M., Xu, G., (2022) Diversity in Contextual Bandit News Recommendations, Expert Systems with Applications, 195:116478.
- Tsokas, A., Rysz, M., Dipple, K, Pardalos, P., (2022) SAR Data Applications in Earth Observation: an Overview, Expert Systems with Applications, 205:117342.
- Rysz, M., Mehta, S., (2021) A Risk-Averse Optimization Approach to Human-Robot Collaboration in Robotic Fruit Harvesting, Computers and Electronics in Agriculture, 182:106018.
- Park, S., Rysz, M., Fair, K., Pardalos, P., (2021) SAR Image-based Positioning in GPS-denied Environments using Deep Cosine Similarity Neural Networks, Inverse Problems & Imaging, 15(4):763-785.
- Xu, G., Semenov, A., Rysz, M. (2020), An integer programming approach for the key management problem in wireless sensor networks, Optimization Letters, 14(5):1037 - 1051.
- Rysz, M., Mehta, S., (2019) A two-stage stochastic optimization approach for detecting structurally stable clusters in random graphs, IEEE Transactions on Network Science and Engineering, 6(4), 671-683.
- Mehta, S.S., Ton, C., Rysz, M., Kan, Z., E. A. Doucette, J. W. Curtis, (2019) A new approach to visual servo control using terminal constraints, Journal of the Franklin Institute, 356(10): 5001-5026.
- Xu, G., Semenov, A., Rysz, M. (2019), An integer programming approach for the key management problem in wireless sensor networks, Optimization Letters.
- Mehta, S.S. and Rysz, M., (2020) Control Techniques in Robotic Harvesting, Fundamentals of Agricultural and Field Robotics, Manoj Karkee and Qin Zhang, Editors. New York: Springer (to appear).
- Rysz, M., Burks, T., Mehta, S., (2019) Risk-averse Optimization for Improving Harvesting Efficiency of Autonomous Systems through Human Collaboration, AgriControl 2019, 6th IFAC Conference on Sensing, Control and Automation Technologies for Agriculture, December 4-6, 2019, Sydney, Australia (Paper ID: 25, Regular Paper).
- Mehta, S., Ton, C., Rysz, M., Ganesh, P., Kan, Z., Burks, T., (2019) On Achieving Bounded Harvest Times in Robotic Fruit Harvesting: A Finite-Time Visual Servo Control Approch, AgriControl 2019, 6th IFAC Conference on Sensing, Control and Automation Technologies for Agriculture, December 4-6, 2019, Sydney, Australia (Paper ID: 23, Regular Paper).
- Rysz, M., Pajouh, F., (2018) Finding Cliques with the highest betweenness centrality, European Journal of Operational Research, 271(1): 155-164.
- Rysz, M., Krokhmal, P., and E. L. Pasiliao (2017) Detecting resilient structures in stochastic networks: A two-stage stochastic optimization approach, Networks, 69(2), 189-204.
- Rysz, M., Pajouh, F., Krokhmal, P., and E. L. Pasiliao (2016) Identifying risk-averse low-diameter clusters in graphs with stochastic vertex weights, Annals of Operations Research, 262(1): 89-108.
- Rysz, M., Vinel, A., Krokhmal, P., Pasiliao, E. L., (2015) A scenario decomposition algorithm for stochastic programming problems with a class of downside risk measures, INFORMS Journal on Computing, 27(2): 416-430.
Honors & Awards
- National Research Council of the National Academies, Postdoctoral fellowship award: "Mathematical programming approaches for managing uncertainty in wireless networks", January 2016.
- National Research Council of the National Academies, Postdoctoral fellowship award: "Centralized Control Algorithms on a Wireless Grid", January 2015.
Maciej Rysz is an assistant professor of Information Systems and Analytics. His research and teaching interests lie in operations research, network science, data analytics, and systems management. Before joining the Farmer School of Business, he was a research assistant professor at the Industrial & Systems Engineering Department within the University of Florida. He also served as a postdoctoral research associate under the National Research Council of the National Academies. Maciej received his Ph.D. in industrial engineering with emphasis on operations research from the University of Iowa in 2014.
- ISA 321 A 2:50-4:10 MW FSB2050
- ISA 321 B 4:25-5:45 MW FSB2050