Rose-Marie Garia Anderson Chair Assistant Professor
Information Systems & Analytics
- Campus: Oxford
- Office: 3035
- Phone: 513.529.2135
- Email: email@example.com
- MWF 9:30-11:30
- Curriculum Vita[PDF]*
* Accessible version of PDF available upon request.
- Ph.D. The Pennsylvania State University, Business Administration & Operations Research, 2011
- M.Phil. City University of Hong Kong, Computer Science, 2003
- B.Sc. Nanjing University, Computer Science, 2000
Academic & Professional Experience
- Assistant Professor, Miami University (2018-present).
- Assistant Professor, University of Cincinnati (2013-2018).
- Assistant Professor, Manhattan College (2011-2013).
- Georgiana Craciun, Wenqi Zhou, Zhe Shan: Discrete Emotions Effects on Electronic Word-of-Mouth Helpfulness: The Moderating Role of Reviewer Gender and Contextual Emotional Tone. Decision Support Systems, preprint, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.dss.2019.113226, Nov 2019.
- Akhil Kumar, Rong Liu, Zhe Shan: Is Blockchain a Silver Bullet for Supply Chain Management? Technical Challenges and Research Opportunities. Decision Sciences, preprint, https://doi.org/10.1111/deci.12396, Jun 2019.
- Dong-Gil Ko, Feng Mai, Zhe Shan, David Zhang (in alphabetical order): Operational Efficiency and Patient-Centered Health Care: A View from Online Physician Reviews. Journal of Operations Management, 65(4), 353-379, Jun 2019.
- Jingguo Wang, Zhe Shan, Manish Gupta, H. Raghav Rao: A Longitudinal Study of Unauthorized Access Attempts on Information Systems: The Role of Opportunity Contexts. MIS Quarterly, 43(2), 601-622, Jun 2019.
- Feng Mai, Zhe Shan, Qing Bai, Xin Wang, Roger Chiang: How does social media impact Bitcoin value? A test of the silent majority hypothesis. Journal of Management Information Systems, 35(1), 19-52, Mar 2018. (Lead Article)
Honors & Awards
- Best Paper Award, 17th Pre-ICIS Workshop on e-Business, 2018
- FSB Strategic Initiative Fund, 2018
- John E. and Winifred E. Dolibois Fund, Farmer School of Business, 2018
- P&G Funds Higher Education Grant Program, 2016 & 2018
- Best Paper Award 1st Runner-up, AMCIS'12, 2012
Dr. Zhe "Jay" Shan is currently an assistant professor in Department of Information Systems and Analytics in the Farmer School of Business at the Miami University. He earned his Ph.D. degree in Business Administration and Operations Research from Penn State University Smeal College of Business in 2011. Before joining MU, he worked as Assistant Professor of Information Systems at Manhattan College School of Business and University of Cincinnati Lindner College of Business. His research interests include FinTech Innovation & Blockchain, Information Security Management, Patient-centered Healthcare, and Business Process Analytics. He has published papers in MIS Quarterly, Journal of Management Information Systems, Journal of Operations Management, Decision Support Systems, etc. His papers have also been awarded or nominated for best paper awards in WeB, AMCIS, WITS and HICSS. He is a member of AIS, INFORMS, and POMS, and Chair of INFORMS College of Artificial Intelligence.
- ISA 414 B 11:40-1 MW FSB 2050
- ISA 514 B 1:15-2:35 MW FSB 2050