Assistant Clinical Lecturer
- Campus: Oxford
- Office: 3087
- Phone: 513.529.9034
- Email: email@example.com
- TR 3:30 - 5:30pm
- By Appointment
- Curriculum Vita[PDF]*
* Accessible version of PDF available upon request.
- Master of Business Administration, Columbia University, 1999.
- M. S. in Civil Engineering and Engineering Mechanics, Columbia University, 1983.
- B. S. in Applied Science in Engineering, Rutgers University, Summa cum Laude1980.
Academic & Professional Experience
- Assistant Lecturer in Finance 2019 - Present Finance Department, Farmer School of Business, Miami University
- Clinical Associate Professor of Real Estate and Accounting Curriculum Coordinator for B.S. and M.S. Programs, New York University Schack Institute of Real Estate, 2017 - 2019.
- Chair of Undergraduate Real Estate B.S. Degree Program and Clinical Associate Professor, NYU, 2015 - 2017.
- Lecturer in the Discipline of Finance, Columbia University, School of Engineering and Applied Science. Part time 2015 - 2019. Full time 2010 - 2015.
- President and founder, West End Advisors LLC (asset management and financial consulting). 2002 - 2015.
- Introduction to Financial Accounting, 9th Edition. Applied Finance LLC, 2014 - 2019. (Required text at Columbia University. Available at Google Books).
- Introduction to Business Finance, 9th Edition. Applied Finance LLC, 2015 - 2019. (Required text at Columbia University. Available at Google Books).
Honors & Awards
- Gold Nugget Instructor status (highest possible ranking). Awarded by Columbia University students at their CULPA.INFO website. 2010 - 2014.
- Beta Gamma Sigma (national business honor society), member, 1999.
I'm currently an Assistant Lecturer in Finance at Miami University's Farmer School of Business, where I teach "Introduction to Business Finance."
Prior to joining Miami's faculty, I was an Associate Clinical Professor and Accounting Curriculum Coordinator at NYU's Schack Institute of Real Estate, where I taught "Real Estate Accounting" and "Real Estate Finance." At the same time, I was a part-time Lecturer in Finance at Columbia University, where I taught "Introduction to Accounting and Finance" and "Financial Decision Models." Columbia's students awarded me their highest accolade -- Golden Nugget Professor status" at their instructor-evaluation website (CULPA.info) from 2010 to 2014.
I've also taught "Decision Models" in the Berkeley/Columbia University joint MBA program, as well as "Business Finance", "Financial Accounting" and "Statistics" at Sichuan University and Xi'an University in China.
In 2002, I co-founded West End Advisors, LLC, an investment advisory firm that provides investment management and financial consulting services to small businesses and family investment offices. I am currently a senior advisor to the firm.
I'm the author of two textbooks: Introduction to Financial Accounting and Introduction to Business Finance (available at Google Books). Both texts are required for classes at Columbia University.
I hold an MBA from Columbia University's Business School, an MS in Civil Engineering and Engineering Mechanics from Columbia University, and a BS in Applied Science in Engineering from Rutgers University (summa cum laude).
- FIN 301 A TR 8:30AM-9:50AM,FSB 1000
- FIN 301 B TR 10:05AM-11:25AM,FSB 1000
- FIN 301 C TR 1:15PM-2:35PM,FSB 1000