Health and Special Diets
Miami University’s Dining Services understands the importance of nutrition to the overall well-being of our patrons. We are proud to offer healthy menu items at each of our dining locations. We spend $1,500,000 each year on fresh produce alone. Moving to college is an exciting step, but transitioning to life at Miami may take some time. Living on campus may allow you more freedom than you are used to, especially in regards to dining options. Though healthy items are always available, you will also find guilty pleasures and opportunities to indulge throughout our dining locations. We encourage you to find the balance that is right for you. While we do not promote any particular style of dining, we want to provide you with the best tools for making your own choices.
Quick Tips for Healthy Eating at Miami
- Ask the manager at a dining location if you have questions about a specific item.
- Include whole grains, vegetables, and fruits in your meals whenever possible.
- Choose sugar-free beverages and increase your daily water intake.
- Combine healthier options with a treat. Healthy eating does not mean “all or nothing”.
- Be careful and patient when changing your eating habits. A restrictive diet plan, especially those with extremely low calorie limits, could cause more harm than good in the long run.
Miami University’s Dining Services team is committed to providing our patrons with an exceptional on-campus dining experience that takes into consideration their medical needs, lifestyle choices, cultural backgrounds, and religious affiliations. Most special diets can be handled by guidance from our staff and the variety found in our menus.
Our assistance covers all types of medically prescribed diets. This includes food allergies, ongoing conditions such as gluten intolerance or short term medical conditions such as oral surgery. We also provide guidance for patrons looking to make conscious lifestyle choices such as eating for good health or following a vegetarian diet. No matter what your concern, we will try our hardest to accommodate your dietary needs. Please be advised that our assistance is designed to help you navigate our existing dining options. We do not offer dietary counseling services.