Miami Youth Hockey - Jr. RedHawks
Be a CHAMPION. It all starts here.
Jr. RedHawks is a fun and affordable program offering instruction for eager young hockey players.
Miami has a long, rich tradition and high standards for developing elite athletes and individuals both on and off the ice. Miami Youth Hockey and our committed members joining the Miami Hockey family will follow these traditions and will live up to the high standards set.
Learn to Play Hockey—Beginner
The Jr. RedHawks Beginner program is designed to get young skaters comfortable with their ability to fully enjoy the great game of hockey. Basic skating, puck handling and passing skills are developed through fun games and activities. The 6-week instructional sessions are $145. Practices are held twice weekly on Tuesdays from 5:30–6:15pm and Saturdays from 11:55–12:40pm.
Session I runs September 6–October 15
Session II runs October 18–December 3
Session III runs December 6–February 4, 2017
Session IV runs February 14–March 28, 2017 - Registration still open!
Session V runs June 16–July 21, 2017 *NEW THIS SUMMER*
All equipment rentals are free for beginner hockey players.
No classes held November 22, 26, December 20, 24, 27, 31 or January 10, 14.
This full season beginner league is assembled from mid-October to mid-March. The session includes 2 weeks of practice/evaluation, two practices and one game per week, as well as 1 week of playoffs. The cost to participate is $360. The registration fee does not include equipment rental. For questions on the House League program call Mike Norton at 513-529-9800.
Detailed information on the Miami Youth Hockey travel program is available by visiting www.MiamiYouthHockey.com.
Miami Youth Hockey Travel Team Tryouts
- Saturday, April 22 - Sunday, April 23, 2017
- Make-up/call back day - Sunday, April 30, 2017
- 2017-2018 Hockey Teams (subject to change)
- High School - Varsity and JV
- Bantam (U14) AA, A and B
- PeeWee (U12) AA, A and B
- Squirt (U10) AA, A and B
- Cost $75 (late registration fee in effect Saturday, April 15, 2017)
- Final tryout schedule will be available in the near future, visit www.MiamiYouthHockey.com for details
Tryout Training Camp
(formerly called Post-Season Hockey)Saturday, April 22 - Sunday, April 23, 2017
Squirt (U10) and PeeWee (U12)
- Wednesdays, March 22 - April 19, 2017
- Birthdates 2009-2005
- Cost $65
Bantam (U14) and High School (Varsity and JV)
- Thursdays, March 23 - April 20, 2017
- Birthdates 2004-1999
- Cost $65
The Miami Youth Hockey Association is dedicated to developing hockey players with strong character and values, and to support the goals and ambitions of our members in a safe and educational environment.
- Goggin Ice Center is a premiere facility not only in college hockey but in the entire country.
- Miami has committed the resources needed to run an organized and top quality program.
- Miami Youth Hockey will be operated and run by individuals who have played and coached hockey at the collegiate level and higher and will be dedicated solely to operating hockey programs out of the Goggin Ice Center.
- Miami’s Varsity hockey team is committed to developing a mentoring program for all members of Miami Youth Hockey.
- We will develop players on and off the ice to a standard of excellence.
- Professionalism: Members of Miami Youth Hockey will represent Miami and our association in a professional and courteous manner at all times.
- Safe and Welcoming Environment: Miami Youth Hockey staff and members will create an environment that is safe and welcoming to everyone.
- Service: Miami Youth Hockey and the staff are committed to providing service at a level beyond what is expected by our patrons.
- Developing People: Miami Youth Hockey is committed to developing our player’s and helping them reach their goals through our hockey association.
Hockey Coaching Staff
Learn more about our core coaching staff.
We recognize the importance of having parents involved in the development of this program. We will have an advisory board consisting of parents, coaches and administrative staff set up to offer advice on the direction of the program. This provides a platform for input from all individuals involved within the program and creates a strong foundation to support Miami Youth Hockey.