Trustees approve promotion and tenureFeb 04, 2011
Miami University trustees on Feb. 4 approved the promotion and/or tenure conferral of 47 faculty members.
Interim Provost John Skillings presented faculty names to the board and
emphasized the investment in the future that a university makes in
conferring promotion and tenure.
President David Hodge reported on record applications compared to last year on this date. As of today 17,754 students have applied to Miami for fall enrollment, up 9 percent compared to last year.
In other activity, trustees:
- Approved awarding of contracts not to exceed $2,310,000 for the renovation of auditorium seating and restrooms, a new elevator and replacement roof for Finkelman Auditorium on the Middletown campus
- Approved awarding of contracts not to exceed $1,430,000 for the renovation of student and recreation parking lots on the Hamilton campus
- Granted emeritus rank to several faculty and administrators
- Named C. Michael Armstrong, Miami ’61, as a national trustee for a three-year term
- Re-elected David Creamer as university treasurer for a three-year term and Beverly Thomas as associate treasurer for three years
- Thanked and recognized trustee John Christie, and student trustee Lindsey Bullinger, whose terms end with this meeting
- Named board members to the board’s student and academic affairs committee, the finance and audit committee and the investment sub-committee.