Oxford, Ohio 45056
(513) 529-1950 fax
Prepare for winter weather
With this in mind, Miami encourages faculty, staff and students to prepare for winter weather.
• Review Miami's severe weather policy in the MUPIM Section 16.15 "Weather and University Operations."
• Campus closures will be communicated through messages posted to the Miami University website, the e-mail and cell phone text message system and announcements on local radio stations.
• Emergency Weather Designations –Oxford campus
Oxford campus will be designated as open or closed. Departments that need staffing during a weather emergency should do two things:
1. Be sure staff know if they are designated as essential staff;
2. Be sure staff know that they are not to come in during a weather emergency unless told to do so.
• Emergency Weather Designations –Regional campuses
Plan A. Classes are canceled but all staff report as usual.
Remember: a decision to cancel classes does not constitute a closing of campus.
Plan B. Campus is closed but weather-emergency staff report as usual.
• Early end to the work period due to inclement weather conditions:
When actual or impending road conditions warrant, the president or a designated representative may give approval for all non-weather emergency staff to leave early.
• Accounting for time worked, or not, during a weather emergency:
Last winter, the Oxford campus closed certain hours on two days due to severe weather.
Click here for examples of how non weather-emergency staff accounted for their time during this period.
• Oxford Snow Emergency Route reminder:
Particular streets in the city of Oxford have been designated as Snow Emergency Routes. Vehicles left on these snow routes are subject to ticketing and towing when snowfall reaches 3 inches.