Miami University's fourth semi-annual kinesiology and health (KNH) Nutrition Conference will take place 8 a.m.—5 p.m. Friday, Nov. 9, in Phillips Hall. This semester's conference focuses on childhood nutrition. Current students in Miami's department of kinesiology and health and Miami alumni are among contributors to the event.
- 8-8:15 a.m. Welcome and introduction to the nutrition profession (Phillips 102)
- 8:15-9 a.m. Jennifer McLaughlin, Career Services, will discuss how to conduct a Skype interview (Phillips 102)
- 9-10 a.m. Miami alumnus Janine Faber, Corporate R.D. for Meijer Stores, will speak about marketing child nutrition programs (Phillips 102)
- 10-11 a.m. Miami alumnus Karen Bakies, M.S., R.D., L.D., Mid-East Dairy Council, will explore child nutrition research in schools (Phillips 102)
- 11 a.m.-1 p.m. A food and nutrition expo will feature nutritious refreshments and door prizes (Phillips Hall Lobby)
- 1-2 p.m. Miami alumnus Shelby Sutphen, R.D., will discuss Ohio Children’s Hunger Alliance (Phillips 116)
- 2-3 p.m. Miami alumnus Amy Macechko will speak on Talawanda Schools Health Coordinating Council (Phillips 116)
- 3-4 p.m. Student research and internship presentations (Phillips 116)
- 4-5 p.m. Skype sessions with Miami alumnus Karman Meyer, R.D. and current dietetics interns
The all-day event is hosted by the department of kinesiology and health, the Student Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics and nutrition majors in the course KNH 103.