Fauzia Ahmed, David Berg, Osama Ettouney, Chun Liang and Elizabeth Lokon are among faculty who recently received recognition for their work. They join other Miami University employees featured on the faculty and staff recognition page found on the university news and communications website.
- Fauzia Ahmed has been appointed as a visiting scientist at the Harvard School of Public Health (HSPH). Ahmed is an assistant professor of sociology and gerontology and women’s, gender, and sexuality studies at Miami University. She will present lectures and seminars during 2012-2013 at Harvard.
- David Berg, professor of zoology, received a $577,885 grant from the New Mexico Department of Game and Fish for "Conservation Biology of Aquatic Invertebrates in New Mexico Spring Systems."
- Osama Ettouney, professor of mechanical and manufacturing engineering, is the author of Portraits from Cairo of the 1970s, published Dec. 2012.
- Chun Liang, associate professor of botany, received an additional $15,000 award from the U.S. Department of Agriculture for "Comparative Genome Mapping and Microsatellite DNA Sequence Resources."
- Elizabeth Lokon, senior research associate, Scripps Gerontology Center, received an additional $135,168 award from Cedar Village for “Opening Minds Through Art: An Art Program for People with Dementia.”