The 2013-2014 University Senate met Monday, April 22, to elect two faculty members to next year's Executive Committee of University Senate: Susan Brehm (speech, pathology and audiology), and Bryan Marshall (political science), chair-elect. Steve Wyatt (finance) will serve as 2013-2014 Executive Committee chair.
At the April 22, 2012-2013 University Senate meeting, Phyllis Callahan and James Kiper, co-chairs, updated Senate on the Miami 2020 Plan timeline; and Rebecca Luzadis, Chair, Fiscal Priorities and Budget Planning Committee, delivered the Committee’s annual report.
Senate received the following items on the Consent Calendar:
- Name Change – zoology MA, MS, and PhD
- Name Change – School of Creative Arts
- Name Change – School of Education, Health and Society
- Name Change – curriculum and teacher leadership
- Curriculum report dated April 17, 2013
- Student Handbook, Section 1.2.C.1, adding and dropping a course
- Action on remediation
With the approval of the April 15, minutes and the April 22, abbreviated minutes, Senate endorsed the following resolutions:(04-15 and 04-22 resolutions)
- SR 13-11 thru SR 13-22, composition of Senate committees and the University Appeals Board.
- SR 13-24 and SR 13-25, revisions to the Miami University Policy and Information Manual, Section 11, Curriculum .
- SR 13-26 revisions to the University Promotion and Tenure Guidelines.
- SR 13-28 revisions the Miami University Policy and Information Manual, Section 7, Evaluation, Promotion, and Tenure of the Instructional Staff.
- SR 13-29, proposed co-major, comparative media studies.
- SR 13-30, 2013-2014 appointments to the standing and advisory committees of University Senate.
(Twenty-five members of Faculty Assembly can challenge the resolutions by filing a petition with the Office of the University Secretary during the ten class days after publication in the e-Report.)