All bags will be checked upon entering the stadium or arena for Miami University's spring commencement. Plan to leave all nonessential items in locked vehicles and arrive early.
Prohibited Items Information
As a general rule, any items that obstruct the view of other guests or that can be used as projectiles or that interfere with the comfort of other guests or are deemed inappropriate/hazardous by stadium security are prohibited.
Guests are subject to visual inspection of person, parcels, bags and clothing capable of concealing prohibited items. Guests may refuse inspections, but management reserves the right to refuse entry.
Changes in national, regional and campus security levels may affect security procedures.
The following items are not permitted in the stadium or arena for the ceremonies:
- Animals (except assistive animals for guests with disabilities)
- Backpacks, bags larger than 11 x 14 x 4, Bota Bags or wine skins, flasks
- Confetti, streamers, glitter
- Containers (common examples include but are not limited to hard-sided coolers, soft-pack coolers, ice chests, picnic baskets, cans, glass bottles, flasks, thermoses)
- Food (persons with small children or medical infirmities exempt)
- Illegal Drugs
- Laser pointers
- Markers (permanent) and/or paint/dry erase boards
- Noise-making devices (common examples include but are not limited to whistles, air horns, bull horns, blow horns, musical instruments, kazoos, bugles, cow bells, thunder sticks, sirens and boom boxes)
- Sticks or poles
- Umbrellas (In case of mild rain, guests are encouraged to bring light rain ponchos, which will be available for purchase at the university bookstore.)
- Weapons (common examples include but are not limited to aerosol cans, mace, pepper spray, firearms, including CCW permit holders, fireworks, pocket knives, knives, spiked bracelets, brass knuckles, martial arts weapons, stun guns, squirt guns, super soakers and chains)
- Wrapped packages