The Miami University chapter of Alpha Xi Delta has been found responsible for violating the Code of Student Conduct, Section 105B (Prohibited use of alcohol).
Members of Alpha Xi Delta were found to have planned and been present at a party where alcohol was served to minors.
The following are the sanctions imposed upon on the sorority by the university. These sanctions were issued based on this incident as well as the prior history of the organization including a suspension from May 2010 to August 2012.
- The chapter is suspended from April 22, 2013 through May 16, 2014
- A membership review is required prior to the chapter being re-recognized by the University
- Upon re-recognition the chapter will be placed on probation for two semesters.
During that probation:
- There will be no social events with alcohol allowed
- The chapter will be in full compliance with the Community Advancement Program
- The chapter will work closely with the Cliff Alexander Office of Fraternity & Sorority Life, including having bi-weekly meetings and submitting monthly status reports
- The chapter will collaborate with the Office of Student Wellness to provide programming to the entire chapter (once in first semester of their re-recognition and again in the second semester of their re-recognition) on bystander behavior and effects of alcohol
- The chapter will serve as an active member of the Panhellenic Council (per good standing guidelines stated in the Panhellenic Constitution & Bylaws)
- The chapter will have at least two members attend the Undergraduate Interfraternity Institute and Acropolis.