Miami University's office of student activities and leadership recently recognized winners during a student organization and adviser ceremony.
In its fourth year, the event is a celebration of the hard work and dedication student organizations and advisers give to "make the Miami undergraduate experience the best in the country," as stated in the Miami University strategic goals.
Individuals and organizations were recognized in four categories: graphics, programming, advisers and organizations and in numerous sub-categories.
- Student Organization of the Year was presented to both Hillel: Association of Jewish Students and to Global Citizen.
- Program of the Year was presented to both HAWKS Peer Health Education for their program “Can I Kiss You?” and the Hillel: Association of Jewish Students for their Challah for Hunger.
- Adviser of the Year was presented to Nancy Parkinson for her work with SAND: Student Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics.
- Off-Campus Adviser of the Year was presented to Kelley Felder, adviser to Alpha Gamma Delta.
- Graduate Adviser of the Year was presented to both Casey LaBarbera, adviser of Sigma Alpha Pi and Allie Wagner, adviser of the Green Team.
- New Adviser of the Year was given to Rebecca Baudry, who advises WAVES: Women Against Violence & Sexual Assault.
“Full congratulations should go out to this list of individuals and organizations,” said J.S. Bragg, assistant director of student activities and leadership. “They demonstrate why the Miami experience is a truly great one.”
A full list of individual and organizational winners is attached in the PDF file below.