Miami University's purchasing and central services announce service changes to its central stores, shipping, receiving and delivery areas effective Jan. 5, 2009.
- Mail and parcel delivery will be combined and originate from Cole Service Building for daily afternoon deliveries to departments
- Wells Hall now becomes the shipping center on campus. UPS (small package) shipping will be available at Wells Hall. All outgoing mail will be shipped from one location, Wells Hall. The Mail Center staff will provide rate shopping for the best shipping costs, based upon service level requested.
- Paper supplies will no longer be handled through the mail center at Wells Hall. Miami has entered into an agreement with Staples Inc., to fulfill paper orders, as a new online service to compliment our general office supply needs. This change is believed to result in improved efficiency and reduction in net cost to the university community. Departments will be able to order smaller quantities as needed
- Specialty office supplies, such as Miami folders, name tags, and exam booklets, previously available at Wells Hall mail center, are now available through central stores in Cole Service Building. Supplies can be ordered via email@example.com or by calling Tommie Jessie at 529-7037. Orders can be either picked up or delivered to offices by central stores staff.
- Central stores has a wide variety of products available at special state contract pricing. For example, batteries, computer cords, gloves, extension cords, cleaning supplies and other hardware items are available at wholesale prices. To obtain a complete listing of all available supplies, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information about the changes and product questions, contact Anita Byrd, at 529-9286 or Byrdab@muohio.edu.