Oxford, Ohio 45056
(513) 529-1950 fax
Guidelines for Submissions to Commentary
The following guidelines are proposed for submissions to commentary. The guidelines in 1-4 and 6-7 are those which have been in place since the creation of this section of The Report.
Number 5 is a new proposal to facilitate the interchange of ideas and information. If you have comments or suggestions, please contact the Commentary editor, Bill Houk, at email@example.com or 9-5637.
1. Commentary provides university faculty and staff an opportunity to express their opinions in The Miami University Report. Contributions may deal with any topic likely to be of concern to the university community.
2. Submissions to Commentary should be between 500 and 600 words in length.
3. Each submission must indicate the person(s) or group responsible for the article.
4. Due to limitations of both space and frequency of publication, Commentary will print only one submission per person or group on a given topic.
5. In order to allow as much interchange as possible, a maximum of two submissions per semester during the academic year and one submission during the summer per person or group will be accepted.
6. Deadline for submission of articles is 5 p.m. Friday.
7. Articles will be published on a first-come first-served and space-available basis.
Date Published: 11/13/2003