Calendar GraphicImportant Deadline for Military Service Eligibility

If you are an active member of the US Armed Forces, or if you are a veteran or dependent beneficiary, please fill out the Military Services Eligibility form no later than Friday, October 9, 2015. This form allows Miami to facilitate educational benefits available through the University and/or the State of Ohio.

Winter Registration is open for all students.

Winter Term offers opportunities to enhance the Miami experience by studying abroad; participating in research, internships, or experiential learning; and completing a thematic sequence. Register for Winter Term now!

Account Holds Prevent Registration

A variety of holds may be placed on your record that will restrict registration. To view holds on your record, login to myMiami. Hold alerts and instructions for clearing the hold will appear at the top of the page after you login.

Transferring Credit

Transfer Credit Policies

For complete information on Miami University’s transfer credit policies, consult the Miami University Bulletin and the Miami University Student Handbook. Information about Activity Agreements, Articulation Agreements, Memoranda of Understanding, Partnership Agreements, and Student Exchange Agreements can also be found online.

Determining if your credits transfer

Course equivalency and program information can be found on to assist students in reviewing/previewing transfer credit information. Information on Advanced Placement (AP) / International Baccalaureate (IB) / College Level Examination Program (CLEP) are located in the Miami Bulletin in the Academic Planning section.

  • Courses taken prior to Fall 2009: Transfer credit is granted for college-level courses earned at a regionally accredited institution of higher education for which you receive a grade of a "C" or better.
  • Courses taken Fall 2009 or after: Transfer credit will be granted in which the grade reported was a D- or better from a regionally accredited Ohio institution.
  • Courses taken Fall 2010 or after: Transfer credit will be granted in which the grade reported was a D- or better from all regionally accredited institutions.

Grades do not transfer and do not affect your Miami GPA.

AP / IB / CLEP scores

AP, IB, and/or CLEP scores should be sent to the Office of the University Registrar for evaluation. For more information on sending scores, visit the websites below.

More information about how AP credit is applied to your record is available on the AP Credit & Your Miami Record page.

Transfer from Quarter Schools

Credits earned at a quarter school transfer to Miami at 2/3 the earned value:

  • 5.0 qtr hrs = 3.3 sem hrs
  • 4.0 qtr hrs = 2.6 sem hrs
  • 3.0 qtr hrs = 2.0 sem hrs
  • 2.0 qtr hrs = 1.3 sem hrs

Transfer from Semester Schools

Semester credit hours transferred are equivalent to those earned from the transferring school.

Transfer of Study Abroad Courses

Students who intend to study abroad on a non-Miami sponsored Program should consult with the Study Abroad Office to determine if transfer credit can be accepted and the required documentation is available.


An official transcript must be mailed from the transferring institution to the address below. You may also hand deliver your sealed official transcript to the One Stop for Student Success Services, located in the Campus Avenue Building. The transcript must remain in its sealed envelope. Open transcripts will not be accepted.

Miami University
Office of the University Registrar
Transfer Credit Evaluations
301 S. Campus Avenue
Oxford, OH 45056


Transferology is an online tool that will help you view program requirements, course equivalencies, and see how courses you have taken or plan to take transfer to another college or university.

  • Access and create an account.
  • Enter the school name where you  plan to take or have taken a course.
  • Enter the department name of the course and select the course you have taken or plan to take. The course(s) you select will appear on the right side of your screen.
  • After you have entered all your courses, click on the green “Find schools that accept my coursework” button.
  • Click on Miami University – Oxford to view how your course(s) from the other school will transfer to Miami University. Courses that end in T** transfer as elective credit and not an equivalent Miami course.
  • If Miami University does not appear in the list of schools, it means that your course has not yet been evaluated by Miami University.
  • Please contact the Transfer Credit Evaluations staff at or 513-529-8703 to have your course reviewed.

How do I get a "T" course (elective) approved as a Miami course?

The Transfer Credit Approval form [PDF] is used in obtaining department approval of transfer credit to specific equated courses at Miami that have not been previously approved.

Student Responsibility:

  1. Go to to verify that the course has not previously been approved.
  2. Complete Student Information at the top of the Transfer Credit Approval Form [PDF].
  3. Identify Courses to be taken at the other Institution.
  4. Attach a copy of the course description. Course descriptions can be found on most institution websites.
  5. Forward completed form and course description to the Chief Department Advisor (CDA). A current list of departments is available on the Transfer Credit Approval Form [PDF].
  6. Review all information with the CDA. Upon approval the CDA will forward signed Transfer Credit Approval form, via campus mail or department personnel, to the transfer credit evaluation staff.