Interdisciplinary Advisory Council
The Interdisciplinary Advisory Council works with faculty members and administrators from Miami University’s six academic divisions to instigate and facilitate interdisciplinary research, collaboration, and instruction.
The IAC is additionally responsible for:
- Advancing greater understanding of interdisciplinarity among faculty, students, staff and external partners;
- Promoting interdisciplinary approaches to the curriculum, pedagogy and scholarship, and actively seeking new partners interested in interdisciplinary endeavors;
- Providing a forum for faculty and administrators interested in interdisciplinary activities to network, share ideas and collaborate on projects of mutual interest
- Collaborating with deans, department chairs and program directors to overcome obstacles to interdisciplinary teaching and scholarship
- Forging structural changes to advance and generate interdisciplinary collaborations and activities, including new appointments, promotion, and tenure guidelines, rewards and recognition, evaluation and assessment processes, appropriate data collection, hiring procedures, and resource allocations.
- Partnering with the university development office to create strategies for interdisciplinary program fundraising.
- Advocating interdisciplinary programs to the Miami community and external organizations.