The Office of Community Engagement and Service's mission is to be a catalyst for mutually beneficial campus and community partners. We engage with community by following a set of guiding principles that commit us to:
- experiencing shared power with our community
- communicating honestly and acting fairly
- seeing campus and community members as equitable partners
- critically reflecting on our learning both in the classroom and community
- transcending boundaries created by difference.
Partnerships are integral to our community. Forming and maintaining meaningful partnerships helps to foster respect within our community. There are numerous ways to partner with Miami University to further your organization’s mission and increase your capacity to serve and improve the community.