The Office of Community Engagement and Service collaborates with many agencies in Oxford, Hamilton, Middletown, and Greater Cincinnati. The Office provides free transportation to most service sites on a first-come, first served basis.
Finding & Tracking Community Opportunities
The Office of Community Engagement and Service facilitates student volunteering through NobleHour, an online tool for finding and tracking community opportunities. It is a great tool for students trying to find their volunteering fit. Students can search for service by location and even interest area. Students who track service they've completed during their time as a Miami student can qualify to receive the President's Volunteer Service Award at graduation.
Students should go directly to NobleHour.com if they are familiar with the information below.
Getting Started with NobleHour
Go to NobleHour.com
'Log-In' to claim your account. Use your Miami 'Email Address.' Your 'Password' is your birth year in yyyy format (e.g., 1995).
All Other Students:
Click the 'Get Started' button.
Track Your Service Hours on NobleHour
If you have any trouble with these steps, please view our how-to track hours video.
- Sign up for and complete a volunteer opportunity.
- Sign-in to NobleHour.com.
- Click on 'Hour Tracking.'
- 'Select Crediting Group.' If your hours were not required by a student organization, please select the general 'Volunteer Group.'
- 'Select Organization & Opportunity.' Miami University is the organization with which you volunteered. You may need to search for Miami by entering our zip code, 45056.
- Scroll down to select the opportunity you completed and confirm this selection.
- Enter your hours. Click +Add when the information is complete.
- Click 'Submit' at the bottom right of the page.
- Electronically sign and click Submit.
America Reads & America Counts
The Office of Community Engagement and Service offers two great programs that enable students to serve the community while earning money. America Reads and America Counts are tutoring programs that allow Miami students who are awarded Federal Work Study, a form of financial assistance, to assist children in local communities.
President's Volunteer Service Award
The President's Volunteer Service Award is a way to recognize and honor all the service and great things individuals, families, students and groups are doing in their communities. Miami students wishing to qualify for this award must track their service hours using NobleHour. The awards are based on the number of service hours completed during a student's time at Miami.