Annual Student Organization Registration
Student organizations must be registered with the Office of Student Activities and Leadership to receive Miami University services and to be recognized by Associated Student Government (ASG). Registration is an annual process and is submitted through the Hub, which is an on-line management system for student organizations. The annual registration takes about 10 minutes to complete by one of the group's officers.
To begin the annual registration, an officer of the group must log into the Hub. Once logged into the system, the officer will need to update the name and e-mail address of the group's president, treasurer and advisor (full-time university faculty, staff, or graduate assistant). The officer will also be able to upload a logo, photos, and other documents. The Hub User’s Guide and the FAQ document provides additional information on the program's management features.
Once approved by the Office of Student Activities and Leadership, members listed on the roster will receive an e-mail from the Hub requeASsting verification.
Steps for Annual Student Organization Registration
To get started, only the president can process the annual registration. Therefore, you must update the president on your roster before completing the registration process. To do this, a current officer with access to the roster function must select roster on the left menu, then select manage roster, click the edit positions button next to the name of the new president and select the position of president.
Next, go to your organization and click on the button that says “Register” at the top of the page (or click “Register This Organization” from the directory page).
Step One: Update the Organization Contact Information if you have an individual listed who is no longer the Primary Contact. Add “How to Join Organization” information.
Step Two: Upload a New Profile Picture or click “Next.”
Step Three: Update officers. It is critical that your president, treasurer and advisor are updated for 2012-2013. If you have not updated your roster, the people in these positions will still be this year’s officers. You can update to next year’s officers by:
- Select the position from the drop down menu.
- Enter the email address of the new officer. Do this, at minimum, for the treasurer so that both the president and treasurer will be up to date for 2012-2013. If you have a new advisor, be sure to also update this position. Hint: Add any additional positions that you have. Hint: Save time next year by adding members into the “event planner” position now. Officers and members in this position can register an event on the Hub.
- There will be duplicate officers in each of these positions unless you go back into your roster after you have registered and remove the old officers (select roster on the left menu, then manage roster, click the edit positions button and “unselect” the officer position to return the member to “member” status or select a new officer position for the individual).
- Scroll to the bottom of the page to remove any members on your roster who have graduated or are no longer members of your organization.
- Click the “Add Member List” tab to upload a list of emails of additional members you would like to have on your organization roster. The Hub will automatically send them an invitation to join your organization once your annual registration is approved.
Step Four: Review and rank the interests that represent your organization.
Step Five: Complete the Annual Agreements on behalf of your organization.