Medical Q and A

Miami's Student Health Services provides comprehensive outpatient care to all eligible students, including limited Saturday hours. However, because students can require treatment during non-business hours, we have provided the following questions and answers. Miami does not endorse any of these providers, nor does Miami assume any responsibility or liability for any services of listed providers.

Q. Where can students receive urgent/emergency treatment when the Student Health Center is closed?
A. When the Student Health Center is closed, students can seek treatment at the Oxford Urgent Care Clinic, 5151 Morning Sun Rd, or McCullough-Hyde Memorial Hospital, 110 N. Poplar St. (1-1/2 blocks north of High St.).

Q. What if it's not an emergency?
A. During normal business hours, students can seek treatment with the following health care providers. (Some also have limited evening and weekend hours.)

Q. What transportation is available?
A. In the case of a life-threatening emergency, call 911. For other transportation to Oxford locations, students can use the Butler County Regional Transit Authority bus service.

Q. Where can students receive treatment when even services with limited evening and weekend hours are closed?
A. Students should go to the Emergency Room at McCullough-Hyde Memorial Hospital or to the closest hospital Emergency Room.

Q. What if mental health counseling is needed?
A. Miami's Student Counseling Service is located on campus. If the student prefers off-campus service or if service is needed when Student Counseling is closed, the Student Counseling Service includes a list of Community Counseling resources

Q. What pharmacies are located in Oxford?
A. The following pharmacies are just a short distance from campus:

  • CVS, 513-523-6378*
  • Kroger, 513-523-7323
  • Walgreens, 513-523-4683*
  • Wal-Mart, 513-524-3744

*If your student is a registered customer of the CVS or Walgreens pharmacy in your home town, it will be easier for them to fill/refill prescriptions in Oxford.