SDS provides services and reasonable accommodations to current students with disabilities on Miami University’s Oxford Campus. The SDS staff works to provide advocacy and resources that will enable and empower students with disabilities to enjoy equal access in academic programs and University life.
Reminders for students registered with the SDS office
- Self-disclose accommodation requests and work with SDS to implement an accommodation plan
- Actively participate in your accommodation plan
- Contact the SDS office at the beginning of each semester to receive accommodation letters
- Meet with your professors during the first 2 weeks of class to review your accommodations
- Self-advocate and maintain an interactive dialogue with the SDS Office and your professors
- Communicate any issues to the SDS Office immediately
Read&Write Gold is text-to-speech customizable toolbar developed by Texthelp Systems and is available to all Miami University students, faculty, and staff. The software integrates reading, writing, studying, and research support with common applications.