Advertising and Marketing
Advertising and marketing is important as student organizations plan an event. Registered student organizations may post A-frames, signs, posters, or banners in accordance with Appendix A in the Student Handbook. Any sign posted in violation of this policy may be removed without notice or warning by the University. Signs, posters, and banners must include event date or posting date so they can be removed within 24 hours following the event.
Contact the PFD Sign Shop staff (Larry Beer at beerld@MiamiOH.edu or 513-529-7039) for A-Frame advertising (preferably 3-4 weeks prior to event). NOTE: Be sure to contact the Sign Shop prior to printing posters for the A-Frame to secure a reservation.
- Student organizations can reserve 3 boards at a time
- Total of 20 A-frames are available in two different sizes
- 2x3 - fits 11x17 poster format which can be enlarged at the print center by 211%
- 3x3 - most groups like a 3x3 format because they can design from scratch
- Boards can be left out for a maximum of 10 days unless it is an unusual circumstance
- Boards can be placed almost anywhere within reason - the Hub area is off limits
- Upon request, PFD will save posters for groups to pick up – posters will have staple holes
- Student organizations ARE NOT allowed to display their own A-Frame boards/posters
- PFD will set-up the A-Frame(s) prior to the event and will pick-up after the event
- Cost is generally $20 per trip for a total of $40 – this includes up to three A-Frames displays
Signs (Flyers and Posters)
Signs can be posted with thumbtacks on exterior bulletin boards and kiosks. Tape and staples are NOT to be used. No more than one sign for the same event may be posted on each bulletin board or kiosk. Signs may not be posted on top of others. Posters larger than 12 inches by 18 inches cannot be placed on bulletin boards or kiosks.
Sheet signs/banners may be affixed to trees and light poles with string or rope. Tape and metal fasteners (tacks, staples, nails, or wire) CANNOT be used. Banners should be tied to tree branches that are at least two inches in diameter to avoid damage to the tree. Banners will be removed by PFD staff following date of event or posting date.
Dining hall table tents are reserved by the Office of Student Activities up to four (4) weeks before the desired week. End of semester exception: during the last week of classes, table tents may be reserved for the first four weeks of the next semester. Table tents can be placed at any of Miami University's dining areas by groups with a reservation. The table tents displayed must include the approval stamp from the Office of Student Activities. Once the table tent design is approved, additional table tent information is e-mailed to contact person. Stop by 2026 Armstrong Student Center or call 513-529-2266 to make a reservation. Table tent designs should be e-mailed to Cindy Fledderman for approval (fleddecs@MiamiOH.edu),