Funding an Event
Diversity Initiative Grant
The Diversity Initiative Grant is available for student organizations hosting events that will increase diversity awareness issues in the Miami University Community. Requests for the Diversity Initiative Grant must reflect how the funds will contribute in helping Miami embrace individuals of diverse backgrounds, including but not limited to gender, socio-economic status, sexual orientation, religion, race, ethnicity, nationality, etc. Funding will only be awarded to student organizations whose events are open to all Miami Students. Following are guidelines for the grant application:
- Application must be submitted 4 weeks prior to event's date.
- Must be in good financial standing and have proven financial stability with the University.
- Student organizations in good standing with DAC will receive priority of funding request, but are not guaranteed to receive funding for an event.
- Only half of the total amount of funding may be spent on food for the event, and the food must consist of an educational component.
- Proposed budget and marketing information/materials for the event.
- All marketing and promotions of event must include Student Activities and Leadership as co-sponsors.
- Assessment of event submitted to Student Activities.
**Please Note: Typical amounts of funding ranges from: $700 (average) to $1500. Funding requests over $1500 will require a presentation to the Student Activities Staff
Go to Student Activities - click form tab - click student activities funding form. The grant application will require the following information:
- Hub event approval
- Description of the event and how it meets funding requirements
- Description of educational component
- Detailed budget - separate budget for food
- Detailed marketing/public relations plan
- Include secured and/or anticipated sponsors and funding amount
- If applicable, include confirmation/copy of vendor's contract
- Student organization's financial index code
Please e-mail any questions to studentactivities@MiamiOH.edu.
All funding requests will be reviewed by the Office of Student Activities staff as soon as possible. Contact person will be notified following departmental review.