Off-campus events typically require a public park permit and/or a public right-of-way permit. Off-campus events may include a parade or 5K Runs within the city limits, an event at the uptown park or the community park, a bake sale on the city sidewalk, or a sign in tree lawn areas. Below are steps to assist group with an off-campus event in the City of Oxford.
City of Oxford Event Application - Visitors and Convention Bureau (OVCB)
- Contact John Buchholz, Business Liaison Officer for the City of Oxord, to schedule an appointment (15-20 minutes).
- e-mail: JBuchholz@cityofoxford.org - cell phone: 513-839-4781
- Buchholz will review off-campus event process and assist in filling in the city application.
- Buchholz will involve Miami University departments affiliated with an off-campus event.
- i.e. 5K events which begin and/or end at Millett Hall.
- Buchholz will submit the application to the City for their approval.
- A City staff member will notify the applicant and OVCB by mail if event/location is approved or denied.
- The City of Oxford will return full copy of application as “approved” or “denied” to OVCB (Buchholz).
- Approved application will indicate fees to be charged, such as police services
- Payment for expenses are submitted by treasurer through Miami BuyWay.
- If police services are needed, schedule an appointment with the Oxford Police Department 30 days before the event date.
- Note: If a contract is required by the artist or vendor, schedule an appointment with the Office of Student Activities for contract review.
- OVCB will e-mail approved application to the Office of Student Activities.
- Student organization must have “Approved Form/Permits” displayed/available throughout the event.
Hub Off-Campus Event Registration
- Register the off-campus event on the Hub for review and approval by the Office of Student Activities.
- A flyer can be uploaded for advertisement on the Hub's bulletin board.
- Approved student organization events are listed on the Hub’s event calendar.
NOTE: Once approved, off-campus events will be posted on the Oxford Community Calendar.