Student organization treasurers must submit expenditure requests through Miami University's BuyWay financial system for the following:
- Create purchase orders (non-catalog items), accepted by many vendors in the Oxford area. Call vendors in advance to check if they do or do not accept POs from Miami University.
- Pay vendor or individual for services, process reimbursements to members, and pay for goods obtained without a PO (an invoice or receipt will need to be uploaded for each transaction).
- Request a single usage credit card number for online purchases and Enterprise rentals (will need to upload documentation).
To access BuyWay and submit transactions, student organizations must have the following in place:
- Completed annual student organization registration through the Hub.
- A student organization account (C-9xxx, SD-9xxx and/or UD-9xxx index number).
- A treasurer listed on the Hub roster - who has completed BuyWay training.
- An advisor listed on the Hub’s roster.
Transaction approval process:
Once the treasurer has submitted a BuyWay request, the transaction must be approved by the advisor. Advisors will receive an e-mail notification from BuyWay stating an approval request is pending. Once approved by the advisor, the treasurer will receive an e-mail confirmation from BuyWay. Questions regarding BuyWay transactions should be directed to the Accounts Payable Department:
- E-mail: accountspayable@MiamiOH.edu
- Phone: 513-529-9200
Miami BuyWay On-Line Training
Miami Buyway presents an easy, user-friendly shopping experience, allowing users to shop on-line, select items, place items in an electronic shopping cart, and submit their requisition. View online training from Miami University's Purchasing and Central Services Department.