Office of the Dean of Students
Dr. Mike Curme, Dean of Students
We recognize that students come to our campus from many different places, with different backgrounds and different needs. Every effort is made to provide the best and most comprehensive resources possible for students’ intellectual growth and personal development. Some of our responsibilities include:
- Providing academic and personal support
- Supporting the student residential and cultural experience
- Developing and implementing support programs
- Supporting student safety
- Advancing student voice
- Assisting students through crisis or difficult circumstances
- Facilitating communication with staff and faculty
The Office of the Dean of Students strongly encourages you to actively participate in University life by seeking out opportunities to be involved both in and out of the classroom. Our staff is available to answer questions, advocate on behalf of students, or to simply point students and their families in the right direction. Please do not hesitate to contact your Dean of Students.
Miami University Student Handbook
Students should be familiar with their rights and responsibilities as outlined in the 2014-2015 Miami University Student Handbook (PDF - opens in a new window).