About Cascade Server
Reach your audiences more effectively through your web pages
In 2012, Miami University started its Fixing the Web initiative, a multiyear effort to move all academic and administrative unit sites into a unified look and feel that supports Miami's brand and into one technology platform. Using Hannon Hill's Cascade Server, an enterprise-level web content management system (CMS), we've built a suite of tools that provide divisions and departments with a great deal of flexibility within a consistent interface design.
Why you'll like the CMS
- Lots of tools, intuitive interface. We've built an entire library of features—we call them widgets—that you're able to customize at will. Those widgets give you the ability to embed videos, pull content from your Facebook, Twitter, Flickr, and other social media channels, create banks of people profiles, feature content from your blogs, and create slideshows. Moreover, the web content management system allows people with little or no experience with HTML to easily create and publish web content using an interface that's easy to learn and use.
- Create once, publish everywhere. Within the CMS, you'll be able to create content in one place and publish it in multiple places. And when you update that content, your changes will show up wherever that content is published.
- No page left behind. You'll assign an owner to every page in your site. At least once every year (or more frequently, if you'd like), the system will send a note to those owners requesting them to review and update or archive their pages. This way, you can make sure your site stays current.
- Responsive design. The Miami web site has fully responsive templates that adjust automatically, according to each user's browser window. Your new site, built in the system, will work equally well on a phone, a tablet, a desktop, or a laptop.
- Continuous improvement. What we've built so far is just the beginning. As we add more tools in the CMS, you'll automatically have access to them.
- Centralized web support. Our web team provides technical support, ongoing training, and production help for each unit that comes into the the system.